Senior Living in Brackenridge, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brackenridge, PA: 15014
- Brackenridge scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brackenridge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alle Kiski Medical Center, Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, and Upmc St Margaret.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Platinum Ridge Center For Rehab and Healing, Cherry Blossom Care Home, and Logan House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 237 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 108 golf courses in or around the city, including Brackenridge Heights Country Club, Oak Lake Golf Course, and Hill Crest Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Harrison Hills Park, Mountain Top Campground, and Allegheny Islands State Park.
- There are 146 churches in or near the city, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, First Church of God, and St Barnabas Episcopal Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 130 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,639, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,808, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,877, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brackenridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brackenridge has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brackenridge has a dense population density of 6,267.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brackenridge have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Brackenridge has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.98%.