Senior Living in Brackney, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brackney, PA: 18812
- Brackney scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brackney scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Health Services Hosps, Montrose General Hospital, and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gracious Living Estates, Brookdale Vestal East, and Brookdale Vestal West.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Tall Pines Players Club, Vestal Hills Country Club, and Conklin Players Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Recreation Park, CFJ Park, and Schnurbusch Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Wilson F, and Twin Orchards Baptists Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 65 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,154, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,357, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,080, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brackney receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brackney has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brackney has a very sparse population density of 52.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brackney have an average daily commute time.
- Brackney has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.40%.