Senior Living in Braddock, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Braddock, PA: 15104
- Braddock scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Braddock scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Braddock, Children\'s Inst Of Pittsburgh, and Upmc Mckeesport.
- There are 133 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alice Davis Personal Care Home, Locust Grove, and Riverside Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 702 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 123 golf courses in or around the city, including Grand View Golf Club, Schenley Park Golf Course, and Pleasant Hills Golf Course.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Frick Park, Off Leash Exercise Area Frick Park, and Westinghouse Park.
- There are 417 churches in or near the city, including Word & Worship Fellowship, Resurrection Baptist Church, and Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 327 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 236 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $34,928, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $23,353, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,006, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.01%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Braddock receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Braddock has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Braddock has a dense population density of 3,692.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Braddock have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Braddock has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.91%.