Senior Living in Bradenton, Florida
- Bradenton scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Bradenton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Manatee Memorial Hospital, Blake Medical Center, and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodlands Village, Paradise Rest ACLF, and Cottages of Bradenton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 371 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including River Run Golf Links, River Isles Golf Course, and Preserve Golf Club at Tara, The.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Aspen Arbor Terrace, Gamble Plantation Historic State Park, and G.T. Bray Park Recreation Center.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including Braden River Baptist Church, Manatee Baptist Church, and Bible Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 158 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,110, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,046, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,185, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,660 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,718 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bradenton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bradenton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bradenton has a dense population density of 2,061.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bradenton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bradenton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.70%.