Senior Living in Bradley, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bradley, IL: 60915
- Bradley scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bradley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Provena St Marys Hospital and Riverside Medical Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River North of Bradley H and R, Kankakee Terrace Nursing Center, and Presence Heritage Estates Independent Living - Kankakee.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Aspen Ridge Golf Course, Bon Vivant Country Club(Championship Course at Bon Vivant Country Club), and Kankakee Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Bourbannais Township Park District, Lion\'s Park, and Quail Park.
- There are 83 churches in or near the city, including Wesley United Methodist Church, St Joseph Church, and Our Savior Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.47% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,626, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,190, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,624, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,840 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bradley receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bradley has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bradley has a dense population density of 3,398.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bradley have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bradley has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.38%.