Senior Living in Braintree, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Braintree, MA: 02184
- Braintree scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Braintree scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 38 hospitals within close range of the city, including Massachusetts Respiratory Hosp, Healthsouth Braintree Rehab, and Quincy Medical Center.
- There are 194 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Braintree, Grove Manor Estates, and Sunrise of Braintree.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 977 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Furnace Brook Golf Club, Braintree Municipal Golf Course, and Granite Links Golf Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Blue Hills Reservation, Stodders Neck, and Ames Nowell State Park.
- There are 481 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas More Catholic Church, Union Congregational Church, and First Congregational Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 542 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 39 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 420 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $97,881, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,710, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,317, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.53%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Braintree receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Braintree has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Braintree has a dense population density of 2,599.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Braintree have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Braintree has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.80%.