Senior Living in Branchdale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Branchdale, PA: 17923
- Branchdale scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Branchdale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street, and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace, and Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, Camp Swatara, and Locust Lake State Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Schaediger Paul A, Ott Randolph B, and Dial-A-Prayer.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,498, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,722, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,559, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Branchdale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Branchdale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Branchdale has a very sparse population density of 49.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Branchdale have a very long daily commute time.
- Branchdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.43%.