Senior Living in Brandenburg, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Brandenburg, KY: 40108
- Brandenburg scores lower than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Brandenburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ireland Army Community Hosp and Breckinridge Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Brandenburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and Wisdom\'s Way House)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillcrest Country Club, Doe Valley Golf Club, and Lincoln Trail Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Meade Olin Park, Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Law, and YMCA Camp Piomingo.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Tabernacle of Worship, Brandenburg Church of God, and St John Rectory.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,336, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,649, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,862, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandenburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandenburg has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brandenburg has a sparse population density of 163.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandenburg have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Brandenburg has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.59%.