Senior Living in Brandon, Florida
- Brandon scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Brandon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brandon Regional Hospital, Kindred Hosp - Central Tampa, and Tampa General Hospital.
- There are 116 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hawthorne Village Retirement Community, Brookdale Brandon, and Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 359 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 111 golf courses in or around the city, including Buckhorn Springs Golf & Country Club, Bloomingdale Golfers Club, and River Hills Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Lithia Springs Regional Park, Lazydays RV Resort, and McKay Bay Nature Park.
- There are 166 churches in or near the city, including Nativity Catholic Church, Kings Avenue Baptist Church, and Bell Shoals Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 259 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,480, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,993, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,934, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,450 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,057 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.56%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Brandon has a dense population density of 3,495.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brandon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.85%.