Senior Living in Brandon, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Brandon, MN: 56315
- Brandon scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Brandon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Douglas County Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evansville Care Center, The Care Campus - Evansville Senior Living, and Stevens\' Homes Plus.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Miltona Golf Club, Arrowwood Golf Club, and Geneva Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Oak Park Kampground, Don\'s Lakeview RV Park, and Ashby Resort & Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Seven Dolors Parish Office, United Church of Christ, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,597, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,920, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,577, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brandon has a very sparse population density of 22.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have a short daily commute time.
- Brandon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.31%.