Senior Living in Brandon, Mississippi
- Brandon scores higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Brandon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crossgates River Oaks Hospital, Whitfield Medical Surgical Hospital, and Woman\'s Hospital At River Oaks.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cross Creek Place, Brookdale Brandon, and Brandon Court.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Bay Pointe Resort & Golf Club, Castlewoods Golf Club -The Bear, and West Point Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Shiloh Splash Park, Cox\'s Cumrovin Camp Ground, and Winner\'s Circle Park.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Baptist Church, Brandon First Bapt Chldrn Ctr, and Crossgates Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,257, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,713, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,412, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brandon has a sparse population density of 248.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Brandon has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.51%.