Senior Living in Brandon, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Brandon, SD: 57005
- Brandon scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Brandon scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sioux Vly Hosp & Univ Med Ctr, Avera Mckennan Hospital & University Health Center, and Sanford Usd Medical Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Helping Hand Assisted Living Inc., Bethany Home, and Bethany Home Brandon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Brandon Valley Golf Course, and Elmwood Golf Club -Championship.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Big Sioux Recreation Area, Pioneer Park, and Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park of Sioux Falls.
- There are 130 churches in or near the city, including Blessed Redeemer Lutheran Chr, Risen Savior Catholic Church, and Brandon Lutheran Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.14% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,275, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,211, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,871, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.67%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brandon has a sparse population density of 203.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brandon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.42%.