Senior Living in Brandon, Vermont
Top zip codes in Brandon, VT: 05733
- Brandon scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Brandon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wintergreen Residential Care, Proctor Place Apartments, and The Residence at Otter Creek.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Neshobe Golf Club, Proctor-Pittsford Country Club, and White River Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Branbury State Park, Lake Dunmore Kampersville, and Green Mountain National Forest.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Brandon Baptist Church, Church of Nazarene, and Living Water Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,351, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,784, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,345, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brandon has a very sparse population density of 51.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have an average daily commute time.
- Brandon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.80%.