Senior Living in Brandon, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Brandon, WI: 53919
- Brandon scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Brandon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Waupun Mem Hsptl, Ripon Med Ctr, and Ripon Medical Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marvin\'s Manor Assisted Living, Bethesda Lutheran Homes, and The Christian Home and Rehabilitation Center, Inc..
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock River Country Club, Fox Lake Country Club, and Whispering Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Oakfield Ledge State Natural Area).
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Waupun Assembly of God, Alto Reformed Church, and Alto Christian Reformed Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,195, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,223, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,940, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,898 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,805 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,574 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.58%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brandon has a very sparse population density of 38.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandon have a short daily commute time.
- Brandon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.86%.