Senior Living in Brandywine, Maryland
Top zip codes in Brandywine, MD: 20613
- Brandywine scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Brandywine scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Malcolm Grow Medical Center, and Fort Washington Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Tree Assisted Living, Fields of Favor, and Harmony House Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Robin Dale Country Club, Potomac Ridge Golf Links, and Marlboro Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Cedarville State Forest, Cheltenham Wildlife Management Area, and Clearwater Nature Center.
- There are 152 churches in or near the city, including Cedarville Assembly of God, Union Bethel Ame Church, and St Phillips Episcopal Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 94 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $111,983, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,495, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,348, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brandywine receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brandywine has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brandywine has a sparse population density of 156.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brandywine have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Brandywine has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.58%.