Senior Living in Branford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Branford, CT: 06405
- Branford scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Branford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including The Connecticut Hospice, Conn Mental Health Center, and Yale-new Haven Hospital.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Woods, Evergreen Woods, and The Gables at Guilford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 273 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 102 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club, Twin Lakes Golf Course, and Alling Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including East Rock Park, New Haven Green, and Marsh Botanic Gardens.
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church of Branford, First Baptist Church-Branford, and St Elizabeth\'s Rectory.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 217 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 93 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,896, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,405, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,124, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Branford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Branford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Branford has an average population density of 1,311.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Branford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Branford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.96%.