Senior Living in Brattleboro, Vermont
Top zip codes in Brattleboro, VT: 05301
- Brattleboro scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Brattleboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Brattleboro Retreat).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brattleboro Housing Partnerships, Thompson House Nursing Home, and Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Brattleboro Country Club, Pine Grove Springs Country Club, and Crumpin-Fox Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Fort Dummer State Park, Hidden Acres Camping Resort, and Brattleboro North KOA.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Christian Science Reading Room, Agape Christian Fellowship, and Mattress Outlet.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,549, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,816, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,823, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brattleboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brattleboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brattleboro has a sparse population density of 112.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brattleboro have a very short daily commute time.
- Brattleboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.05%.