Senior Living in Breckenridge, Michigan
Top zip codes in Breckenridge, MI: 48615
- Breckenridge scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Breckenridge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Gratiot Medical Center and Midmichigan Medical Center-midland).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schnepp Senior Care and Rehab Center, McKellar Assisted Living, and Babions Foster Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Ridge, The, Hidden Oaks Golf Course, and Twin Bridges Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake of Dreams Campground, River Ridge Camp Grounds, and Just In Time Campground Inc.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Amazing Grace Outreach, Amazing Grace Outreach, and Amazing Grace Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,621, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,668, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,805, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Breckenridge receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Breckenridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Breckenridge has a very sparse population density of 53.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Breckenridge have an average daily commute time.
- Breckenridge has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.83%.