Senior Living in Breckenridge, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Breckenridge, MN: 56520
- Breckenridge scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Breckenridge scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Francis Healthcare Campus and St Francis Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spectrum Employee Benefits, Twin Town Villa, and St. Francis Healthcare Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Bois de Sioux Golf Course, Pebble Lake Golf Club, and Dakota Winds Golf Course (Sisseton Course at Dakota Winds Golf Course).
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Breckenridge City Clerks, Welles Park, and Chahinkapa Park.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,294, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,323, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,013, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.48%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Breckenridge receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Breckenridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Breckenridge has a very sparse population density of 32.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Breckenridge have a very short daily commute time.
- Breckenridge has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.72%.