Senior Living in Breedsville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Breedsville, MI: 49027
- Breedsville scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Breedsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (South Haven Community Hospital and Bronson Lakeview Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hoffman Independent Care, Special Acres, and Maxwell Place.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Jeptha Lake Golf Course, South Haven Country Club, and HawksHead.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including South Haven Family Campground, Van Buren State Park, and Paw Paw River Campgrounds.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Family Gospel Chapel, Church of Christ, and Sacred Heart Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,259, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,250, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,409, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Breedsville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Breedsville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Breedsville has a sparse population density of 377.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Breedsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Breedsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.07%.