Senior Living in Breesport, New York
Top zip codes in Breesport, NY: 14816
- Breesport scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Breesport scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Appleridge Senior Living, Bethany Nursing Home, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Soaring Eagles Golf Course, Mark Twain Golf Course, and Elmira Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Teal Park, Eldridge Park, and Wisner Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Mary Our Mother, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,562, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,643, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,296, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Breesport receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Breesport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Breesport has a sparse population density of 135.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Breesport have a very long daily commute time.
- Breesport has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.33%.