Senior Living in Bremen, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bremen, IN: 46506
- Bremen scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bremen scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Hospital Of Bremen Inc, Community Hospital Of Bremen, and Saint Joseph Community Hosp.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Whitlock, Signature Healthcare of Bremen, and Miller\'s Merry Manor Wakarusa.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Sprig O\'Mint Golf Club, Robin Hood Golf Club, and McCormick Creek Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Rupert\'s Resort & Campground, Maple Ridge Campground, and Potato Creek State Park.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including Bremen Church of God, Agape Fellowship, and Agape Fellowship.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,049, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,583, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,761, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bremen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bremen has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bremen has a sparse population density of 101.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bremen have a short daily commute time.
- Bremen has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.78%.