Senior Living in Bremen, Maine
Top zip codes in Bremen, ME: 04551
- Bremen scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Bremen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Miles Memorial Hospital and Miles Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hodgdon Green, Cove\'s Edge, and Round Pond Green.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Wawenock Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Rockland Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Lake Pemaquid Campground, Audubon Camp In Maine, and Duck Puddle Campground.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Bremen Union Church, Damariscotta Baptist Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,003, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,227, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,693, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bremen receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bremen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bremen has a very sparse population density of 49.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bremen have an average daily commute time.
- Bremen has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.24%.