Senior Living in Bremen, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bremen, OH: 43107
- Bremen scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bremen scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fairfield Medical Center, Hocking Valley Community Hospital, and Hocking Valley Comm Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seesholtz Homes, Homestead Center, and Lanfair Center For Rehab and Nursing Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Hide-A-Way Hills Golf Course, Executive Course at Pleasant Valley Golf Course, and Estate Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lakeview RV Park, Alley Park, and Rising Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Rectory, Bremen United Methodist Church, and St Joseph Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,832, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,045, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,452, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bremen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bremen has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bremen has a sparse population density of 105.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bremen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bremen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.33%.