Senior Living in Bremerton, Washington
- Bremerton scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Bremerton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Harrison Medical Center and Naval Hospital).
- There are 86 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bay Pointe Retirement Community, Cypress Gardens Retirement Center, and The Cottage Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Hills Golf Course, Village Greens Golf Course, and Kitsap Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Illahee State Park, Fort Ward Park, and Eagledale Park.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Our Lady Star of the Sea Chr, and Lutheran Community Svc Nw.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 85 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 46 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,071, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,045, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,385, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bremerton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bremerton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bremerton has a dense population density of 3,646.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bremerton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bremerton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.78%.