Senior Living in Brenham, Texas
Top zip codes in Brenham, TX: 77833
- Brenham scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Brenham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Trinity Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brenham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, High Hope Care Center of Brenham, and Brenham Rest Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Brenham Country Club, Bellville Golf & Recreation Club, and Fox Creek Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Hohlt Park, Fireman\'s Park, and Prairie Lea Cemetery.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including House of Worship, 1St United Methodist Church, and Abundant Life Ministry.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,812, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,860, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,423, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,180 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,575 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,800 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,449 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brenham receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brenham has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brenham has a very sparse population density of 87.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brenham have a very short daily commute time.
- Brenham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.91%.