Senior Living in Brentwood, Maryland
Top zip codes in Brentwood, MD: 20722
- Brentwood scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Brentwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hospital For Sick Children, Providence Hospital, and Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr.
- There are 309 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Unity Home, Home Away From Home, and Washington Center For Aging Services.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1447 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, Rock Creek Park Golf Course, and Paint Branch Golf Course.
- There are 47 parks near the city center, including Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, United States National Arboretum, and Anacostia Park.
- There are 1594 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Chr of Brentwood, 7Th Day Pentecostal Church, and Emmanuel Church of Pentecost.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 898 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 65 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 380 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,727, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,103, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,819, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.49%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brentwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brentwood has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brentwood has a dense population density of 3,882.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brentwood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Brentwood has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 66.11%.