Senior Living in Brevard, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Brevard, NC: 28712
- Brevard scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Brevard scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Transylvania Regional Hospital, Inc and Transylvania Comm Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tore\'s Home, Kingsbridge House, and Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/Brevard.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Cannon Country Club, Sherwood Forest Golf Club, and Connestee Falls Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, Gorges State Park, and Table Rock State Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Aiken Allen R, Aiken Ray E, and Cleveland First Baptist.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,723, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,190, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,761, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brevard receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brevard has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brevard has a sparse population density of 154.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brevard have a short daily commute time.
- Brevard has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.24%.