Senior Living in Brewster, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Brewster, MN: 56119
- Brewster scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Brewster scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Sanford Worthington Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Prairie House Supportive Living Residents, Crossroads Care Center, and South Shore Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Worthington Country Club, Town & Country Golf Course, and Prairie View Golf Links.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Centennial Park, Ludlow Park, and Vogt Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, American Lutheran Church, and American Reformed Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,971, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,344, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,770, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.15%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brewster receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brewster has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brewster has a very sparse population density of 11.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brewster have a very short daily commute time.
- Brewster has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.51%.