Senior Living in Brewster, Ohio
Top zip codes in Brewster, OH: 44613
- Brewster scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Brewster scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors Hospital Of Stark Cnty, Affinity Medical Center, and Heartland Behavioral Hlthcare.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brewster Parke Senior Living Community, Brewster Parke Senior Living Community, and Country Lawn Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care, Inc..
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Shady Hollow Country Club, Rolling Green Golf Course, and East & South Course at Legends of Massillon, The.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Baylor Beach Park Inc, Foxfield Preserve Nature Cemetery, and Wilderness Center Inc.
- There are 94 churches in or near the city, including Lawson Robert R, Brewster-Wilmot Methodist, and Fohl Memorial United Methodist.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,916, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,902, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,372, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,740 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,673 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brewster receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brewster has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brewster has an average population density of 1,031.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brewster have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brewster has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.06%.