Senior Living in Bridge City, Texas
Top zip codes in Bridge City, TX: 77611
- Bridge City scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bridge City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Renaissance Hospital Groves, Christus St Mary Hospital, and Park Place Medical Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Magnolia Manor, Oak Grove Nursing Home, and Senior Care Centers - The Meadows Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Port Groves Golf Club, Babe Didrikson Zaharias Memorial Golf Course, and Dupont Employment Recreation Association Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Orange Texas RV Resort, Greenlawn Memorial Park, and Parks Department.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Fellowship Baptist Church, and Circle Drive Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,313, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,073, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,553, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,053 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridge City receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridge City has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bridge City has a sparse population density of 340.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridge City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bridge City has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.93%.