Senior Living in Bridgeport, New York
Top zip codes in Bridgeport, NY: 13030
- Bridgeport scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Bridgeport scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnyside Care Center, Good Samaritan Society - Atwood, and The Crossings Nursing and Rehab Centre.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 245 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 78 golf courses in or around the city, including Northern Pines Golf Club, Lake Shore Yacht & Country Club, and Links at Erie Village, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Oneida Shores County Park, Green Lakes State Park, and Schiller Park.
- There are 147 churches in or near the city, including Believers\' Chapel, Cicero United Methodist Church, and St Matthews Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 205 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 104 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,099, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,686, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,341, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeport has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bridgeport has a sparse population density of 292.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeport have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bridgeport has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.12%.