Senior Living in Bridgeport, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bridgeport, OH: 43912
- Bridgeport scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bridgeport scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including East Ohio Regional Hospital, Belmont Community Hospital, and Bhc Fox Run Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Lansing, Elmhurst, The House of Friendship, and East Ohio Regional Hospital.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Belmont Hills Country Club, Wheeling Country Club, and Oglebay Resort (Crispin Course at Oglebay Resort).
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Oglebay Resort and Conference Center, Wheeling Park, and Grand Vue Park.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, Churches Colerain Presbyterian, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $37,882, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,101, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,359, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.19%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeport has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bridgeport has a sparse population density of 361.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bridgeport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.35%.