Senior Living in Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bridgeport, PA: 19405
- Bridgeport scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bridgeport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Suburban Hospital, Montgomery Hospital, and Montgomery Hospital Med Ctr.
- There are 236 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Regina Nursing Center, Jefferson Apartments, and Powerback Rehabilitation 1700 Pine Street.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1070 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 181 golf courses in or around the city, including Plymouth Country Club, Gulph Mills Golf Club, and Valley Forge Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Norristown Farm Park, Betzwood Park, and Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- There are 494 churches in or near the city, including St Augustine Church, Sacred Heart Church, and First Presbyterian Bridgeport.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 544 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 32 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 400 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,867, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,070, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,435, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.73%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeport has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bridgeport has a dense population density of 7,091.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bridgeport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.53%.