Senior Living in Bridgeton, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Bridgeton, NC: 28519
- Bridgeton scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Bridgeton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Carolina East Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pruitthealth-Trent, Pruitthealth-Neuse, and Water Oak Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Carolina Pines Golf & Country Club, Fairfield Harbour Country Club -Shoreline, and New Bern Golf & Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including New Bern KOA, Mitchell Hardware, and Union Point Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Biblical House of God, Croatan Church of Christ, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,314, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,663, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,741 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.88%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bridgeton has an average population density of 1,316.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeton have an average daily commute time.
- Bridgeton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.27%.