Senior Living in Bridgeton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Bridgeton, NJ: 08302
- Bridgeton scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Bridgeton scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Jersey Hospital, South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital, and Memorial Hospital Of Salem County.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cumberland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, South Jersey Extended Care, and Goldfinch House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Holly Hills Golf Club, Cohanzick Country Club, and Centerton Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Cohanzick Zoo, Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ, and Parvin State Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Berean Baptist Church, Cohansey Baptist Church, and Pearl Street Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,168, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,172, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,527, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.10%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeton has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bridgeton has a sparse population density of 327.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeton have a long daily commute time.
- Bridgeton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.90%.