Senior Living in Bridgeview, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bridgeview, IL: 60455
- Bridgeview scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bridgeview scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 42 hospitals within close range of the city, including Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical Center, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, and Holy Cross Hospital.
- There are 257 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bridgeview Health Care Center, Moraine Court, and Midway Neurological - Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1583 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 207 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Hills Country Club(North Course at Hickory Hills Country Club ), Stoney Creek Golf Course & Range, and Palos Hills Golf Club.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including La Grange Park, Red Gate Woods, and Burr Oak Cemetery.
- There are 815 churches in or near the city, including Shekinah Glory Healing & Perfecting Center, Potter\'s Field Ministries, and St Fabian Rectory.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 845 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 36 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 302 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,379, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,429, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,405, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgeview receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgeview has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bridgeview has a dense population density of 3,776.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgeview have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bridgeview has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.48%.