Senior Living in Bridgewater, Virginia
Top zip codes in Bridgewater, VA: 22812
- Bridgewater scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Bridgewater scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Rockingham Memorial Hospital and Rockingham Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bridgewater Home, Pleasant View, Inc, and White Birch Communities.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake/Peak Course at Lakeview Golf Course, Spotswood Country Club, and Packsaddle Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Natural Chimneys Park, Hillandale Park, and University Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Church of Brethren Churches, Church of Brethren Churches, and Summit Church of Brethren.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,771, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,451, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,663, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,675 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgewater receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgewater has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bridgewater has a sparse population density of 207.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgewater have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bridgewater has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.71%.