Senior Living in Bridgewater, Vermont
Top zip codes in Bridgewater, VT: 05034
- Bridgewater scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Bridgewater scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mt Ascutney Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mill Village Apartments, The Homestead Inc., and Woodstock Terrace.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Quechee Club, The -Lakeland, Woodstock Country Club, and Green Mountain National Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Coolidge State Park, Marsh - Billings - Rockefeller National Historic Park, and Gifford Woods State Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Congregational Church First, Our Lady of Snows Church, and North Universalist Chapel.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,798, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,550, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgewater receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgewater has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bridgewater has a very sparse population density of 54.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgewater have a short daily commute time.
- Bridgewater has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.98%.