Senior Living in Bridgman, Michigan
Top zip codes in Bridgman, MI: 49106
- Bridgman scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Bridgman scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lakeland Hospital, St Joseph).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West Woods of Bridgman, Woodland Terrace of Bridgman, and Country Manor Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Pebblewood Country Club, Lost Dunes Golf Club, and Oaks Golf Club, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Warren Dunes State Park, Grand Mere State Park, and Warren Woods State Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, Woodland Shores Baptist Church, and St Johns Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,561, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,152, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,109, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $31,050 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,155 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bridgman receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bridgman has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bridgman has a sparse population density of 295.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bridgman have a very short daily commute time.
- Bridgman has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.35%.