Senior Living in Brigantine, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Brigantine, NJ: 08203
- Brigantine scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Brigantine scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div and Bacharach Institute For Rehab).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastern Pines Covalescent Center, Caring Senior Living, and Bayview Cottage.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Brigantine Golf Links, Links At Brigantine Beach, The, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Birch Grove Park, Chestnut Lake RV Campground, and Atlantic Blueberry RV Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Community Presbyterian Church, St Augustine\'s Episcopal Chr, and Union Baptist Temple.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 113 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,746, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,883, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,927, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.96%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brigantine receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brigantine has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brigantine has an average population density of 1,464.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brigantine have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Brigantine has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.05%.