Senior Living in Brighton, Colorado
- Brighton scores higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Brighton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Platte Valley Medical Center and Platte Valley Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, Inglenook at Brighton, and Brookdale Brighton.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Dunes Course at Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links, Buffalo Run Golf Course, and Box Elder Creek Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Benedict Park, Bromley Hishinuma Farm, and Brighton Youth Sports Complex.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, St Augustine Catholic Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,811, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,802, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,023, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brighton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Brighton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brighton has an average population density of 777.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brighton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Brighton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.08%.