Senior Living in Brighton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Brighton, MA: 02135
- Brighton scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Brighton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 51 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-boston, St Elizabeth\'s Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, and Arbour H R I Hospital.
- There are 275 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center, Wingate at Boston, and Chestnut Park at Cleveland.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1443 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 167 golf courses in or around the city, including Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, Oakley Country Club, and Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including MDC Park, Brookline Reservoir Park, and Soldiers Field Athletic Area.
- There are 674 churches in or near the city, including Archdiocese of Boston, Our Lady of Presentation Ch, and St Columbkille\'s Parish.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 824 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 56 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 651 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,656, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,937, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,723, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brighton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brighton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Brighton has a very dense population density of 16,235.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brighton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Brighton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.27%.