Senior Living in Brighton, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Brighton, TN: 38011
- Brighton scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Brighton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including William H Dunlap Retirement Center, Covington Health Care and Rehabilitation, and Fox Hollow Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Covington Country Club, Stonebridge Golf Course, and Forest Hills Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Adkison Park, Nancy Lane Park, and Munford City Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Beaver Baptist Church, Brighton Baptist Church, and Central Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,260, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,261, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,982, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,520 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $74,095 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,124 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,125 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brighton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brighton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brighton has a sparse population density of 168.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brighton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brighton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.12%.