Senior Living in Brimfield, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Brimfield, MA: 01010
- Brimfield scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Brimfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, Harrington Memorial Hospital, and Johnson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sturbridge Retirement Community Associate Clubhouse, Palmer Healthcare Center, and Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Hemlock Ridge Golf Course, Quaboag Country Club, and Bay Path Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wells State Park, Camp Ramah in New England, and Nipmuck State Forest.
- There are 40 churches in or near the city, including St Christopher\'s Rectory, Second Congregational Church, and St Thomas Parish Ctr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,680, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,380, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,671, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.09%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brimfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brimfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brimfield has a sparse population density of 103.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brimfield have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Brimfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.85%.