Senior Living in Bringhurst, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bringhurst, IN: 46913
- Bringhurst scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bringhurst scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Milner Community Health Care, Inc., St Elizabeth Healthcare Center, and Mulberry Health.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Bachelor Runn Golf Club, Carroll County Country Club, and Angel Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Riley Park, Eunice H. Bryan Nature Preserve, and Canal Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Burlington Church of Christ, Burlington United Mthdst Chr, and Calvary Chapel Carroll County.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,722, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,202, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,199, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,640 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $115,796 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.34%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bringhurst receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bringhurst has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bringhurst has a very sparse population density of 40.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bringhurst have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bringhurst has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.78%.