Senior Living in Bristol, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Bristol, CT: 06010
- Bristol scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Bristol scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bristol Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center.
- There are 127 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holly View Manor, Ingraham Manor SNF, and The Pines at Bristol For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 453 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Chippanee Golf Club, Pequabuck Golf Club of Bristol, and Hawk???s Landing Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Black Rock State Park, Talcott Mountain State Park, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 232 churches in or near the city, including Bristol Baptist Church, Grace Baptist Church, and St Ann\'s Rc Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 282 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 160 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,226, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,057, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,194, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bristol receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bristol has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bristol has a dense population density of 2,289.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bristol have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bristol has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.06%.