Senior Living in Bristol, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bristol, IN: 46507
- Bristol scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bristol scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Elkhart General Hospital, Oaklawn Psychiatric Center, and Iu Health Goshen Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including East Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Crystal Valley Manor, and Greencroft Middleburg.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Raber Golf Course(Blue/White Course at Raber Golf Course ), Spring Meadow Farm Golf Course, and Sims Oak Hills Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Elkhart County Historical Museum, Bonneyville Mill County Park, and Eby\'s Pines RV Park & Campground.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including Bristol United Methodist, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Middlebury Church-Brethren.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,654, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,408, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,127, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,460 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,759 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bristol receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bristol has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bristol has a sparse population density of 227.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bristol have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bristol has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.38%.