Senior Living in Bristol, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bristol, PA: 19007
- Bristol scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bristol scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lower Bucks Hospital, Livengrin Foundation, and Bucks County Specialty Hospital.
- There are 143 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Lake Center, Inc., Legacy Gardens of Bristol, and Brookdale Florence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 961 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Bensalem Country Club, Oxford Valley Golf Course, and Rancocas Golf Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Pennsylvania War Dog Memorial, Neshaminy State Park, and Oxford Valley Park.
- There are 435 churches in or near the city, including Community Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Christ the King Episcopal Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 398 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 278 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,698, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,598, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,840, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.06%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bristol receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bristol has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bristol has a dense population density of 3,098.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bristol have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bristol has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.10%.