Senior Living in Bristol, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Bristol, TN: 37620
- Bristol scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Bristol scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center and Sycamore Shoals Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgewood Summit, The Cambridge House, and Fort Shelby Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club Of Bristol, Steel Creek Golf Course, and Holston Valley Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Cumberland Square Park, Steele Creek Park, and Shadrack Campground.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Liberty Baptist Church, and Virginia Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,226, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,162, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,566, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bristol receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bristol has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bristol has a sparse population density of 307.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bristol have a short daily commute time.
- Bristol has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.02%.